Vercelli is one of the oldest Italian cities, founded around 600 BC by the Ligurians, became a Roman municipium and played an important role during the Middle Ages.
A city rich in monuments and artistic testimony, is located on the right bank of the Sesia river, and has always been an important agricultural and commercial center. It is considered the European rice capital.
Associations and services for slow tourism
Vendita e assistenza:
- Fratelli Oliva - Corso Amedeo de Rege, 59 - 0161 251249
- Only Fun Bike - Via Marsala, 21 - 380 797 4341
- Christian Sport Di Sanlorenzo Michela - Corso Marcello Prestinari, 77 - 0161 250486
- Capodaglio Moto - Via Solaroli, 1 - 0161 392362
- Bici & Co Di Acquadro Riccardo - 37/C Corso Salamano Alessandro - 0161 600124
- Bessi Antonello Sport Cicli Antonello - Corso Fiume 12 - 0161 55371
Getting to Vercelli
Train: Vercelli is on the Torino – Milan railway line, where regional trains carry bikes.
Bus: connections to Turin, Milan, Casale Monferrato, Ivrea.
Highway: A26 (Genoa – Gravellona Toce).
Eating and sleeping in Vercelli
Touring Club Italiano: http://www.touringclub.it/destinazioni/mangiare/vercelli